Sun, Jul 23|
OHRID FOLKLORE WAVES
OHRID FOLKLORE WAVES - SUMMER FOLKLORE GATHERINGS PART 1
International festival of music folklore and dance in the middle of summer by the shore of magnificent Ohrid lake
Time & Location
Jul 23, 7:30 PM – Jul 27, 11:00 PM
OHRID FOLKLORE WAVES, Ohrid, North Macedonia
About The Event
The International Festival “Ohrid Folklore Waves” is a non-competitive event of traditional and modern dances and music with objective to present and affirm traditional culture and folklore of numerous local and international participants from all over the world. On the festival may participate folkloric groups and individuals, children and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and choirs, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. The age of participants is not limited. Along side festival activities we offer 5 days of unforgettable experience of siteseeing rich variety of churches, galleries, ancient sites, sandy beaches and crisp water, and also memorable gastronomic experience, as well as multitude of activities which explore the outdoors.
Ohrid is an immortal town on the mythical Balkans, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever… Ohrid has been a living town for 2 400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe.
Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue color, which gains its intensity from the sky blue color, but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea.
- 109 euro per person – 5 days (4 nights HB – breakfast and dinner)
- 135 euro per person – 6 days (5 nights HB – breakfast, and dinner)
* Groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
* Any banking costs that may arise must be paid by the applicant.
- We offer accommodation: Hotels and Apartments.
- The groups will be accommodated in rooms with 3 and 4 beds with their own bathroom.
- Only 2 double rooms are available per group which can be used for the leaders and drivers.
- For any extra double room, the group should pay an extra 5 euro/person/day
- If the group shows interest in extending the stay the organizers should be informed during the application process (the price for an extra night on half board basis is 27 euros per person).
- For a group of 25 people, you will have 1 free gratis.
- The groups will be accommodated after 12 PM, and leave the rooms before 10 AM.
Conditions of the festival:
- Choir, Orchestras, Folklore, and Modern Dance groups from all over the world.
- The number of participants is limited.
- No age limits.
- Gifts and Diplomas for participation in the festival are provided by the organizer.
- Organization of the performances of the participants and the parade.
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. After receiving the application form and completing of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
Obligations of the participants:
- Each group must consist of dancers, musicians, group managers, and administration.
- To prepare a program with a duration of 10 to 12 minutes.
- You can perform with live music CD or USB and you should have a flag and a sign with the name of the group for the Defile.
- The groups coming by bus should use their own transport all the time during the festival.
- If the group needs a visa, it is the responsibility of the group to arrange it.
- Groups should submit rooming lists not later than one month before the start of the festival.
- Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
Advertising the festival:
- All festival events will be presented in the press, on the radio stations, as well as on local television programs, on flyers, and on posters.
- The copyright of all video materials and pictures is ownership of the Organization of the Festival. By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
- Gift From Festival Organization
- Hotel Reservation
- Trip expenses,
- airport transfers and parking
- Tourist guide, sightseeing, excursions
- Tourist city tax
- Health insurance
Free time for individual activities Dinner in the hotel
Visiting the old city of Ohrid (Samuil Fortress, Antique Theater, St. Kliment Ohridski-Plaosnik, St. Jovan Kaneo)
Cruising by Boat on Ohrid Lake and visiting the Museum on the water and the most famous tourist resort St. Naum
Visiting Struga, Vevcani (optional beach free time)
* The organizer reserves the right of changes in the festival program.